This is a baby-related post. Please feel free to skip if you are not comfortable reading.
There's a disease in this family. It's called "bad luck," and it appears we've passed this along to our child.
On Saturday, we started to notice that K was a little congested. By Sunday, it had turned into a full-blown cold. Or should I say what we thought was a cold. We decided to see if we could get in with the doctor sooner. I called at 9 on Monday morning, and when I told them her symptoms, they asked me to bring her by at 10. Turns out she has RSV - something that the hospital should have warned us about since she was at high risk based on her premie status and being on the CPAP. They also should have warned us that she was at an increased risk for staph infections, which she now has along with the RSV.
So in addition to having trouble breathing, she's now sporting some pretty nasty sores on her neck. They are having us do Nebulizer treatments for the RSV and antibiotics for the staph. Both seem to be making progress toward healing, but K is still uncomfortable. I'm hoping both clear up quickly. Our poor girl can't catch a break.