I had a few planned posts for this week, but all of that went out the window.
I can’t go into too many details, but here’s what’s been going on:
Monday: The adoption agency received our application.
Tuesday: Our profile went active.
Wednesday: We received a call from the agency that we were a potential match for a special situation. They needed our permission to show the birth mother our profile, along with a few other couples, and we had until 5 pm to agree. We agreed that this situation would be a great fit for us, so we gave the agency the go-ahead. (I had to leave work at 2 pm to put together our profile quickly.) The baby is due at the end of the month.
Thursday: No news.
Friday: As of now, no news.
Yep, that’s about all I can write at this point. Please send good thoughts and prayers (if you’re the praying type) to the birth mother as she makes her decision.
UPDATE: I just received a phone call from the agency. The birth mother chose another couple. Of course we're a little disappointed, but we respect that she made the right decision for her and this just was not meant to be our baby.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us during this roller coaster of a week. You have no idea how much we appreciate it.
UPDATE #2: We received another call from the agency. Our profile is potentially being shown again this afternoon to a birth mother due early next year.
Someone pass the Valium. I have a feeling our adoption journey is going to be even crazier than our infertility journey.