Hi and welcome to all of the ICLWers. If you are staring at the screen in confusion about ICLW, click on the yellow button to the right and then click here to read my intro post from last month's ICLW. Because there's really no need to rehash our story. Not much has changed since last month. The only difference is that we are now on our fourth IUI instead of our third, meaning we are one step closer to IVF.
A few people commented on Monday's post and asked about our future plans, should this IUI be a bust. We will do one more IUI (in June, so long as everything looks good) and then move to IVF using my eggs and Joey's sperm. We will only purchase one IVF cycle and we will most likely go to a clinic outside of the Orlando area. Because of finances and the amount of time I will need to be gone from work to do IVF in a different city, we will wait until January. In the meantime, I'll begin acupuncture and we will begin the consultations, blood work, and financial paperwork with the new clinic.
It might sound weird, but I am already planning a weekend getaway for us to the beach in late June in case this and next cycle don't work. Either way, going to the beach for a couple of days will be the perfect way to celebrate a miracle or the perfect way to escape reality for a weekend while we try to cope with what could have been. If we do need to move on to IVF, I am at peace with that. But we still need a chance to grieve on our own.
In the meantime, we have another week or so left in this cycle. My plan is to test on Wednesday morning since we leave for our trip to NYC on Thursday. This way I'll be able to get a beta on the way to the airport if the test is positive, or I'll be drinking blood marys in the airport if the test is negative.