I know I said that we would wait to make a decision on our final IUI until AF showed. Unfortunately, AF has forced that decision a little early. I started spotting this morning (after another BFN). Of course, she would start her arrival on the first morning of our vacation. So the choice has been made.
We will not do our final IUI.
This is a bittersweet moment for both of us. In a way, it's a huge loss. For me, it will mean mourning the loss of having a child without using extreme measures of ART. It will also mean one more shot--only one more chance at having a biological child.
But I also feel a huge sense of relief. It's hard to explain. When I told Joey what I felt and he agreed, a sense of peace washed over me. I cried, of course, but for me this really meant accepting that IUIs just weren't going to work for us. And that's ok.
There's a lot more that I want to say about this, but right now I just don't know if I can put it into words. (Plus, I'm just too impatient to type anything else on my iPhone.) Thank you all so much for the love and support.
More when I return . . .