This award is not like all of the other blog awards because we all want to not only know about you, but your opinion of your fellow bloggers. The rules are:
1. Tell your readers how your journey into blogging began. Be as verbose or shy as you like.
2. Pick 3-5 fellow bloggers whom you adore and write what exactly it is you value about that person or their blog. The more you write about them the better. This is a chance to really appreciate your blog friends who have been there with and for you through thick and thin.
3. Let the blessed winners know they have been awarded.
Alright, here we go. First off, how I started my blog:
I started this blog to keep track of my journey with infertility. It was a place where I could go and write down all of my hopes and fears and keep a written record of each cycle. It slowly evolved into a way for me to connect to the IF community.
Here are my 4 nominations:
1. Kelly @ The Sun’ll Come Out Tomorrow, I Hope: Kelly would argue this, but she is one of the strongest women I know. She is much stronger than she realizes or will give herself credit for. The thing I love most about Kelly is that even when she is struggling, she still reaches out to others to comfort them. She is so incredibly selfless and supportive, and I am so glad I met her on the TTYFC boards last year. Kelly is having surgery at the end of this month, so please go over to her blog and wish her the best for a smooth procedure and easy recovery.
2. Rita @ My Stories: Rita is another one of my TTYFC girls, and she is pretty much my hero. Rita is incredibly focused, and I often envy her toughness. She makes me want to be a stronger person and has always been there to encourage me to keep fighting. I hope to meet her in person one day so we can ceremoniously burn baby shower invitations together. :) In all seriousness, I appreciate her so much. Rita goes back to the RE tomorrow for her post-op follow up and to get her plan for the next cycle. Go wish her luck!
3. Mic @ IF Crossroads: This girl is my beacon of hope. Mic recently got her BFP after her first IVF, and she is the person I look up to the most on this journey, not because she is a success story, but because of everything she’s done for me along the way. If I am having a rough day and I post about it, Mic will be there to commiserate with me. She is the person I can count on to say, “This fucking sucks!” and it be the exact same thing I am thinking in my head. Mic is having her first u/s this Friday to check out her little one, Mavis. Please send her some positive appointment vibes!
4. Em @ Bean stalk ballads: Em is a woman I have “met” only recently through the blogosphere. Em is an awesome woman who is so compassionate and persevering. Her comments are always heartfelt and even though we have just met, I sometimes feel like we have been friends for years. She and her partner, Dee, are going to make excellent parents, and hopefully soon. Tomorrow is transfer day for their little embie, so please send her some strong “stick, bean, stick” vibes that her first IVF cycle is a charm.
There are a lot of blogs (and people!) I love, so it was really hard to choose only a few. Please know that I appreciate each and every one of you VERY much, and that each of you has been there for me in your own special way—especially my two other “Fab Five” members, Hayley, Whitney, and Liz. I consider all of you who are reading this my sisters in this journey.