I am thankful for . . .
- my husband. He is my rock, my best friend, and I am so lucky to have him. He's always putting a smile on my face, even in the most serious and sad of moments. Life is better when he's by my side, and I hope that's where he'll be for years to come.
- my family. Most have been extremely supportive over the last year as we slowly got up the nerve to share our infertility diagnosis, and I'm so grateful to have that extra love, hand-holding, hug, and "thinking of you."
- my friends. They say a wedding will bring out who your true friends are, but for me, it was after the wedding and after the diagnosis when I discovered my true friends: both real-life and ones I've met through the IF community. You are all truly wonderful.
- my dog. It sounds ridiculous, but at the end of a rough day, he will always be there to sit by my side. He knows when I'm sad or sick, and as much as he hates to be cuddled, he's been a real snuggler since we've started treatment.
- my job. My job isn't glamorous or exciting, but I like what I do, and I'm grateful to have a job in this economy where so many people are struggling to survive.
I have many, many other things to be thankful for, but those are the most important. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. And even though most of us are still missing that one little piece of our lives, I hope we can focus on the good today. Learning to be thankful for what I don't have is still a work in progress for me, but like I've written many times before, it's a challenge I would never trade in and one I know I can overcome.
Love you all.